Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back again

So a 2nd grader in Miami gets in trouble at school and isn't doing well. The parents aren't responding to her sending home communications...so the teacher staples a disciplinary note on the kid's shirt to be sure the mom will see it. 

This is why I hesitate to become a teacher, even though I majored in Behavioral Science and Education...I won't be able to control my conscience. What the #$%& are teachers to do when they aren't getting responses from parents and certainly can't discipline the child in the classroom??? Of course NOW this got the mom's attention and she is demanding an apology from the teacher or she will take the kid out of the school. I say good riddance. The teacher offered to pay for the shirt, which is the only think I can think of that she owes this lady. What the crap do we expect these teachers to do (in MIAMI of all places)? Thank you Mrs. X for your last ditch effort at getting through to this kid's parents that their child needs attention. I feel terrible that many teachers get no support yet they handle a bunch of brats for 30 hours and are charged with making them geniuses by age 12. 

Get over yourself lady. Your kid is a brat and you need to address it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment