Sunday, July 17, 2011

By the way

For those wondering, if Facebook didn't have a limit of 1000 characters, I would post my experiences of the last few weeks in the hospital, i.e., the who/what/where/when/how stuff. The short of it is: I had cellulitis in my elbow as a result of a strep A infection, and since I'm allergic to many antibiotics, the only one this infection would respond to was a top-of-the-line IV antibiotic. When I came home after 7 days, I was taking an oral less-famous antibiotic along with Percoset, which didn't provide any improvement. After 8 days of being home, I returned to the infectious disease docs who referred me back to the ER for more IV antibiotics and a consult with an orthopedic doc.

In the end I was discharged again, after 3 more days in the hospital, on the same oral antibiotic and same pain meds--which I will not be using. I'm going to ignore all pain, discoloration, and swelling in my arm, unless it causes a fever again, and then I may consider calling a doctor. Otherwise, it is what it is, if I can't use my arm like I used to, so be it. Many are worse off.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaay....

No comments:

Post a Comment